22 apr 2020 - First steps in fostering - Applewood Vegan Cheese

Misconceptions About Fostering Explained | Newton NewsTomorrow, I have the stage 2 in my process (assisted by my gorgeous wife), to become an emergency relief foster parent. Since I have plenty of time on my hands since retirement, Sam and I have been discussing this for a while, hopefully we will start by having kids where they are with long term foster parents who need a few days off, or emergency situations.



We have such a fantastic time when our own grand kids stay, it seems a logical move, in situations where kids in need are shown what a loving home is really like. Of course there is training to be undertaken and Im sure it will be challenging at times - but what the heck, is there a better thing anyone can do ??

I decide to go direct to the council over an agency, basically there is such a chronic shortage of foster carers that councils have to go to private agencies. The pay is much better with an agency as opposed to what the council will pay - but when I heard that the council has to pay the agency 300% premium in emergency situations, I was convinced that as ultimately the tax payer picks up the bill, its not right to do this for solely financial reasons. Having done very nicely out of this world, time to try and give a bit back in a worthwhile way.

Ill keep you posted on how it goes - wish us luck !!

Other news - another hot ! day, soaked up a few rays for a few hours, very nice.

Since going Vegetarian 5 months ago following my Stent procedure, I cant help but mention Applewood Vegan cheese, 100% plant based, smoked, and delicious - you'd never in a million years know it wasn't dairy based cheese.













Comments

Popular Posts