14 apr 20 - Slade Cochrane - Bass man slade

Image may contain: 2 people

My two stints living in the USA, enabled me to strike up some friendships with special people whom Ive missed terribly over that last few years. One is Slade Cochrane -' bass man Slade',  another muso like myself, Slade and I met when we both worked in different capacities at Philip Morris in Richmond Virginia.

Slade a skilled and versatile country musician and I hit it off straight away. A really kind, funny and thoughtful guy. Im sad we never got to write any music together, and keep promising to return to the states to visit. He contacted me with Easter greetings today, and I felt very reflective on hearing from him again, I've been blessed meeting so many good folk in my time (plenty not so good also !), but this lad is one of the finest. When I left Virginia on that last occasion Ill never forget the heartfelt goodbye we said to each other as he dropped me at Dulles airport.

I miss him very much.

Me and Sam had a lazy Easter Monday in lock-down, Sam engrossed in on line Solitaire, I did the weekly grocery shopping - no shortages to report, me, Joe and James continued to expand on our music collaboration, its sounding good thus far, its great to do something with them even though we cant be in each others company, Im so proud of the both of them.

Had more wood work enquiries for pieces that are simply to big to cost effectively ship abroad, so had to disappoint more people.

Also had an enquiry to score some theatrical music on Fiverr but rejected as he basically wanted in doing for nothing, Ill leave that on to someone who needs the money.

An old pal, Keith, asked me to write down my 5 fave films of all time, impossible! having watched an estimate of 20,000 (really!) I could list 200 favourites, I might well do that, If I did this would be one of them...

A Dark Song | Cinema Faith

A Dark Song (2016)

Very Dark, horror, occult, brilliantly bleak.


Sams making recycled garden seats for the grand-kids from old cable reels and ordered cushion covers, they are going to look excellent - will post results...



Comments

Popular Posts